Monday, January 11, 2010

coming along

So things are slowly but surely coming together on this project. It would be nice if I could snap my fingers and it all be done!! Today I have a phone conference with my advisor. She was a CPA in her "past life" and has lots of experience with non-profits. YEAH! I knew this all just seemed too easy! I am sure I will have plenty to do after my phone call with her!

Yesterday on the facebook fan page a good conversation started about WIC. It is sad to say that WIC is the most successfully run government funded program. That is really saying something. If you have ever been on WIC you know what I am saying. First of all it takes almost three months to get an appointment. Then you get your appointment and sit and wait for almost two hours in the lobby before you are even seen.

The big complaint I hear is WIC does not allow organics. The main reason for that according to WIC is cost. My undergrad thesis proves that wrong. I am in the process of trying to have my paper published and once my non-profit is recognized, I am on my way to congress! I will post the paper somewhere later. It is a lengthy paper and I am not sure where to post it. Organics would not only save the programs millions of dollars a year in cost alone, but would also save millions in health care cost.

I feel this blog is weak today. It has been awhile since I have been on the political side of something. I have spent the last year and a half in theory classes waiting for this class. I feel a bit rusty on my soapbox, but I am sure I will find my way back! Just like riding a bike, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment