Thursday, October 14, 2010

Still tryin.....

So I think about writing every day! Really I do! I know what keeps me back.......the line between the Feral Farmer and me. I guess looking at it more personal vs. professional. But I have really just come to the decision to do away with that line. Because I am the Feral Farmer. And no, feral is not defined by using the word cats. Cats can be feral, but they are not one in the same ; ) Personally I have been obsessed with feral children ever since I can remember. I think I have a connection with them (since I believe I am a bit feral myself). Feral cats fascinate me too. Cats in general do. I believe I have a connection with them as well. So in these connections I went searching for a true definition of feral.

I like what wikipedia says..."A feral organism is one that has escaped from domestication and returned, partly or wholly, to a wild state. The introduction of feral animals or plants to their non-native regions, like any introduced species, can disrupt ecosystems and may, in some cases, contribute to extinction of indigenous species. However, returning lost species to their environment can have the opposite effect, bringing damaged ecosystems back into balance"

merriam webster says this...": of, relating to, or suggestive of a wild beast
2a : not domesticated or cultivated : wild b : having escaped from domestication and become wild "

So I see myself definitely not domesticated, not so much as a wild beast, but driven; my drive is fueled by my passion to bring damaged eco-systems back into balance. My every day experience makes up this passion so I must write about these every day experiences because it what makes up the whole.

So as I truly promise to get better about posting I will start off by sharing the funniest story about my beautiful 6 yr old daughter......I went along on a field trip with her clas to an orchard and Bella had to go. I sent her to the port-a-potty and five minutes later she comes to me showing me the most beautiful pink soap she had ever seen and was so kind as to share with all her friends so they could wash their hands too...............it was a urinal cake!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha! I am still laughing about it. Even cuter, when I woke her up I noticed she had snuck her giant pumpkin into bed after lights out last night!!! I really do love being a mom! So much I have decided to be a Daisy Scout leader AND Brownie leader. I am sure I will have LOTS to blog about with that!!!!!!!!

I do have a special thank you blog with final donation weights soon to be posted. It is so hard to express the gratitude for all those that helped me do my part to eradicate hunger in the Miami Valley!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment